The cease-fire in Donbass, according to the agreement reached in Minsk, will enter into force on the night of December 24, and must act termlessly. Delegation’s head at the Minsk negotiations, the Chairman of the People’s Council Denis Pushilin told DAN this today.
“From midnight of the 24th the indefinite ceasefire is announced,” he said.
Parliament Speaker recalled that at the last New Year’s holidays armistice had also been permanently put into force and had been maintained for some time, but with the beginning of provocation from the Ukrainian side it was frustrated.
Earlier, the Special Representative of the OSCE’s Chairman-in-Office Martin Sajdik reported that on December 21, during this year’s last negotiations of the Contact group on the peaceful settlement the agreement on a cease-fire in Donbass was reached. According to Sajdik, armistice should enter into force at midnight on December 24, Kyiv time (01:00 Moscow time). Today, Pushilin confirmed Contact group’s adopted decision.
Note that the Republican command currently continues assessing the situation on the front line as tense. Over the past week Ukrainian law enforcers violated the ceasefire over nine thousand times.