Legislative and executive branches of government discuss activity of agricultural enterprises
On May 25, 2016, a round table on the topic “Peculiarities of agricultural enterprises’ activity in the conditions of formation of the Donetsk People’s Republic’s legislation” was held.
The event was attended by the Chairman of the People’s Council of the DPR Denis Pushilin, the Deputy Chairman of People’s Council of the DPR Olga Makeeva, the Chairman of the Committee on the Budget, Finance and Economic Policy deputy Marina Zheynova, the Chairman of the People’s Council Committee for Agricultural Industry and Land Resources deputy Oleg Glebov, secretary of the People’s Council Committee for Agricultural Industry and Land Resources deputy Yury Leonov, the Minister of the Ministry of Emergency Situations Alexey Kostrubitsky, the Acting Minister of Economic Development Victoria Romanyuk, the Acting Minister of Agro-industrial Policy and Food Ivan Mikhaylov, representatives of the Ministry of Revenue and Duties, the Prosecutor General’s Office of the DPR, heads of agricultural enterprises of the Republic.
The agenda of the round table discussed the following areas:
– On Amendments to the tax legislation in the part of transition to a fixed agricultural tax (from 1 ha of arable land, or % of turnover) and the abolition of the income tax;
– About nonraising of rate for agricultural electricity on 1st grid.
– Low purchase prices for agricultural products;
– Implementation of a credit facility in order to replenish the working capital of agricultural enterprises.
- Land matters.
- Compensation to victims of military operations and the use of agricultural land as proving grounds.
- Creating state-owned enterprises for sale of agricultural products outside the Republic.
- Help to provide fuel for the timely and quality harvest due to lack of funds.
- Bringing to the territory of the DPR of Russian organizations that sell spare parts and accessories for the repair of both domestic and imported agricultural machinery, with the ability to provide agricultural machinery and technological equipment on lease.
- On the documentary evidence of the fact of agricultural areas’ demining for safe operation in the fields.
- On the reconstruction of artificial insemination stations.
- On the possibility of the abolition of all types of import duties on goods used by farmers between the DPR and the LPR.
According to the Chairman of the People’s Council Denis Pushilin, effective solutions and roadmaps should be adopted together.
“Many accumulated problems related to the agro-industrial complex of the Republic require immediate solution. To obtain such decisions, it is necessary to listen to all sides,” Denis Pushilin said, “A series of meetings is scheduled, and this will allow us to solve highly specialized issues.
We have to ensure food security in the Republic, at the same time we must create the conditions under which our farmers would be able to develop, and for the fiscal authorities in the administration a transparent mechanism has to be created.”
Official website of the DPR People’s Council